The initial construction of the dwelling began in the late -16th century and additional spaces were built in the next hundred years. The house’s double square shape present today, has taken form through extensive renovation works completed in September 20, 1861. At that era the manor was equipped with an additional floor. The finishing external touches for the structure, including the main outside door and the mansion stables, where added in another renovation work that took place in August 12, 1896. Until the start of the Second World War the house was in full operational mode, producing milk products, cereals, viticulture and beeswax, sometimes “engaging” and sometimes “following” the diverse history of the region. In the course of time the house has “seen” countless joys, pains, celebrations and gatherings, and has “witnesses” the history of the area in every major event of past three centuries. Being a typical Zagori mansion, it was built in order to provide protection from the adverse conditions of the mountainous area and the raids and robberies of the era. The dwelling is still fortified with turrets, bolted entrances and windows, hidden rooms and underground evacuation pathways. Although the building stands three floors high, it fully exploits the natural slope to its fortress-like structure to hide diligently its volume. The basic building materials of the house are the locally sourced stone and timber, with the outer walls being made of plain undecorated stones. The house’s roof is being constructed with slates a typical architectural feature for the area.