Sustainable philosophy, Green practices, Eco-friendly policies
As follows are some environmentally friendly policies that are either incorporated in its reconstruction with absolutely traditional materials or are applied daily in the operation of our hotel:
- Biological waste treatment facility: We have a dedicated facility that treats the hotel’s biological waste in an environmentally friendly manner, minimizing its impact on the surroundings.
- Pellet boiler for central heating: Our hotel’s central heating system relies on a pellet boiler, which uses compressed wood pellets as a renewable energy source. Choosing pellets as our central heating reduces our reliance on fossil fuels and helps decrease carbon emissions.
- Solar panels for water heating: We utilize solar panels to harness the power of the sun and heat water for various purposes in the hotel. This renewable energy source reduces our reliance on conventional heating methods.
- Energy-efficient double-glazed windows: Our hotel uses energy-efficient double-glazed windows with low-emissivity (low-E) glass. These windows minimize heat transfer, improving insulation and reducing the need for excessive heating or cooling.
- Room-level thermal and electrical autonomy: Each room or suite in our hotel has separate thermal sensors and a central master switch. This setup allows guests to individually control their rooms’ temperature and electrical appliances, optimizing energy usage.
- Energy-saving lamps (LED): We have replaced traditional incandescent or fluorescent lamps with energy-saving LED lights throughout the hotel indoors and outdoors. LED lights are more efficient and have a longer lifespan, reducing electricity consumption.
- Automatic switches for outdoor lamps: Our outdoor lamps are equipped with mechanical switches, enabling them to turn on and off based on ambient light levels. This feature prevents unnecessary energy usage during daylight hours.
- Ceiling fans instead of air conditioners: We have installed ceiling fans in areas where air conditioning is necessary. These fans consume significantly less energy than air conditioners, promoting energy efficiency and reducing our carbon footprint.
- Rainwater harvesting for irrigation: We collect rainwater in a cistern and use it in our gardens and outdoor spaces for irrigation. That way, we reduce the reliance on freshwater sources and help conserve water resources.
- Automatic irrigation system: We have implemented an automated irrigation system that regulates the water used for irrigation based on specific needs. That choice avoids water wastage and ensures efficient usage.
- Double insulation on the hotel roof: To minimize energy losses, we have installed double insulation on the top of our building from the reconstruction. This additional insulation helps maintain a constant internal temperature and reduces the need for excessive heating or cooling.
- In the everyday running of our small hotel, we employ politics and values shared among the hotel’s personnel, environmentally friendly. Examples are the use of Safe the Planet detergents and the collection and disposal in containers of ecologically dangerous materials like batteries and any other material considered hazardous.
By incorporating our aforementioned eco-friendly philosophy into our facilities from the start of our renovation and reconstruction process, we aimed to minimize our environmental impact, conserve resources and provide our guests with a sustainable and comfortable accommodation experience.