The initial construction of the dwelling began in the late -16th century and additional spaces built in the next hundred years. The house’s second square shape present today has taken form through extensive renovation works completed on September 20, 1861. In that era, the manor extended with an additional floor. The external finishing touches for the structure, including the main outside door, the cistern and the mansion stables, were added in another renovation work that took place on August 12, 1896. Until the start of the Second World War, the house was in full operational mode, producing milk products, cereals, viticulture, and beeswax, sometimes “engaging” and sometimes “following” the diverse history of the region. In the course of time, the house has “seen” countless joys, pains, celebrations, and gatherings, and has “witnesses” the history of the area in every significant event of past three centuries. Being a typical Zagori mansion, it was built to protect from the adverse conditions of the mountainous region and the raids and robberies of the era. The dwelling is still fortified with embrasures, bolted entrances and iron bars on windows, hidden rooms, and underground evacuation pathways. Although the building stands three floors high, it fully exploits the natural slope to its fortress-like structure to conceal its volume diligently. The necessary building materials of the house are the locally sourced stone, and timber, with the outer walls made with undecorated chipped stones. The house’s roof is being constructed with slates a typical architectural feature for the area.